Kayla's Blog
Buenos Dias! It's a beautiful morning in Guatemala as I sit in the courtyard of our guest house and watch the sun rise over the mountain. We will be working in the clinic all day. Not only does it bring me joy to meet the patients and serve them, but we also pray over each patient that comes into our clinic. Yesterday, we went to the hospital in Guatemala and my heart was broken. We have more medication in our small clinic than in the entire hospital. The doctors do not have the resources required to treat the patients, and the conditions were poor. Some families told us they had been waiting for months to be treated. We went to the children's ward to hand out stuffed animals and pray for the sick children. I was able to give away one of Lauren's old Webkinz to a small two year old who was malnourished. We also went to visit the local schools that are supported by impact ministries. We were able to play games with the children and watch them worship. I cannot lie, watching the children praise the Lord with all of their hearts made me a bit choked up. They sing so loudly that you can hear them from down the street! It is no wonder than Jesus told us that children would inherit the kingdom of God. We will have one more day working in the clinic before traveling to spend one day in Antigua. Then we will be headed home already! This trip has gone by super quickly, but I'm blessed to have been able to meet my Guatemalan brothers and sisters. Please continue to pray for our team. With all my love, Kayla (Mom, I am still alive!)
Comments
Post a Comment